It’s always fun to share something with friends, so Spotify has the same feature. It doesn’t allow its users to add friends, but they can follow each other to get updates on what they are listening to, which is almost the same as being friends. But, the question is, How to add friends on Spotify? Let’s find out.
The reason behind Spotify being the largest audio streaming platform is the attractive features that it provides. But, many users don’t know how to use those features. So, I am here to guide you.
How to add friends on Spotify?
The process of adding friends on Spotify is straightforward. But if you haven’t done this before, you may face difficulties doing that. You can follow the below steps to add friends on Spotify without facing any issues.
Spotify is available for all the devices such as desktops, android, and iOS. You can add friends on Spotify, whatever device you use; I have added separate tutorials for each device.
If you are a desktop user and use Spotify on it and want to add friends on the same, then you can do that by following the steps below.
Find Spotify Username:
Before you move on to the adding friend’s process, make sure you have the username of your friends. You can follow these steps to find your Spotify username:
- Open Spotify on your desktop by clicking the icon.
- Log in to your Spotify account if you haven’t already.
- After logging in, click on your profile at the top-right of your screen.
- A list will open; click on Account.
- Then select Account overview from the left sidebar.
- You’ll see your Spotify account details like username, email address, and subscribed plan.
- Tell your friends to follow these steps and find their username first.
These are the steps to add friends on the Spotify desktop app:
- Open Spotify and click the Search bar located top of your screen.
- In the search bar, type “spotify:user: username” in the place of the username, use your friend’s username, and search.
- Click on the search result and open your friend’s profile.
- Then click the FOLLOW button.
If you are an android user and want to add friends to your Spotify account on your android device, follow these steps:
- Open Spotify on your android device and log in to your account.
- Then click the Search button located bottom of your screen.
- In the search bar, type “spotify:user:username” and enter your friend’s name in the place of the username.
- Now open your friend’s profile from the search result and click FOLLOW.
To add friends on Spotify’s iOS version, you can follow these steps:
- First, open Spotify on your iOS device and log in to your account.
- You’ll see the search bar on the top side of your screen.
- Then type “spotify:user:username” and search for your friend.
- Open your friend’s profile and click the FOLLOW button.
As said earlier, you can’t add friends on Spotify, but you can follow them to see what they are doing on Spotify. In this post, we learned How to add friends on Spotify on all devices. I hope you have found the article helpful; if so, share this with your friends so they can add you as a friend on Spotify.
Review & Discussion